So, when I say that I'm bad at carving pumpkins, I mean it. I either take on something WAY too intricate and complex and totally destroy it, or I try to stick with something simple, and it looks like my 2-year-old did it. (Not that I would allow my 2-year-old to carve a pumpkin by herself). If any of your are like me, you may appreciate these 5 super simple pumpkin decorating ideas that require no carving at all!
1. Glue some leaves on it. I don't think it gets any easier than this, honestly. Nature already made the leaves and the pumpkins, so you really just have to supply the glue! I like this idea, too, because it works for all of fall, not just Halloween.
2. Paint a face! I like this one because it allows for a practice run with a pencil. This example is super simple, but you could add color, accessories, or a funny expression. It doesn't even have to be a face, either. It could be a fun pattern or a ghost or really anything!
3. Melted Crayon Pumpkins. What is great about this idea is it LOOKS like you put in a lot of effort, but really, you just let heat and gravity do all the work! The crayons need to be affixed to the top of the pumpkin by a bit of glue then blasted with a hairdryer on the hot setting.
4. Button Pumpkin. While this one is a little bit more labor intensive than some of the other options, I think the cuteness of it makes up for that. I like the idea of doing a monogram with the buttons, or stripes. Whatever pattern you do, I think the bow at the top should be a requirement.
5. Glitter Pumpkin. More than likely, this is the messiest idea out of the 5, but there's just something about glitter that makes it all worth it. White pumpkins looks especially nice with gold or black glitter. All you need is some glue or spray adhesive and glitter, and you've got yourself a perfectly sparkly decoration!
We'd love to hear from you – what is your favorite way to decorate pumpkins? Do you prefer carving, or do you embellish your pumpkin some other way?